[NABS-L] Tips on finding apartments at a distance

misokwak12 at gmail.com misokwak12 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 04:09:17 UTC 2020

One suggestion I have is being in touch with folks in the city you are
interested in and asking them for recommendations on neighborhoods you
should look into.
If possible, do this process with blind folks and/or sighted people who know
you well. I think you could ask them things like
Which neighborhoods are good for walking? What is the public transit like,
and where would make most sense to live and access the public transit?
Anything else you should consider that may be particular to the city you are
moving to?
For example, when I was looking for a place in the Boston area after living
many years in Southern California, someone suggested to me that I should try
to find a street that is not too steep as a caution for icy/snowy winter
days.
I honestly never thought about that during my search until this person
suggested me this because I haven't lived in the snowy climate for so long.
Hope this helps.
Best,
Miso