[NABS-L] 2021 virtual ACB National Convention. stipends

Aaron Espinoza blind247365 at gmail.com
Mon May 31 22:39:47 UTC 2021

Hello NABS,

I thought I should pass this along. from a mailing list It might be our
only opportunity for those interested in checking out what the ACB is all
about since their convention is virtual this year.

The American Council of Blind Students is happy to announce that we
are offering ten (10) stipends to any student enrolled in an
educational program to attend the 2021 virtual ACB National
Convention. This week-long event is taking place from Friday, July 16
to Friday, July 23.

We recognize that in years past, most students did not have the
opportunity to attend the national convention. However, with the event
being virtual, this is a fantastic way for students to learn more
about the American Council of the Blind and our students affiliate
while participating in advocacy efforts and expanding knowledge on a
wide variety of topics of interest the lives of blind and visually
impaired people.

Registration to the national convention costs $25. If you are selected
to receive a stipend, ACB Students will cover the full cost of
registration in addition to the ACB Students registration fee. (Please
note, if you choose to register for other special interest affiliates,
the cost will not be covered.)

Expectations: students must attend as many ACB Students events as
possible, particularly our business meeting on the evening of Monday,
July 19. Furthermore, we highly encourage students to take advantage
of the excellent event offerings throughout the entire convention
week. In addition, we ask for either a verbal or written report after
the convention to be shared at a post-convention wrap-up or on our
social media channels.

For students under 18, we need a parent or guardian to sign giving
their permission for you to apply for this stipend and attend the
national convention.

Please fill out the below application no later than Sunday, June 20,
2021. We look forward to getting your applications!

https://forms.gle/xrZnEdSfSqUripNr6