[nagdu] guiding eyes application question

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 20 10:10:33 UTC 2009

Ron,
    With all due respect, once you have been around the block a few times,
such things raise serious red flags. The other thing that raises huge red
flags is the excuse that there is some sort of liability issue. We have
heard it many times before and, usually, it doesn't hold water. My wife and
I were once told that, because we are blind,  it was a liability issue for
us to ride bumper cars. I guess the reasoning was that we might run into
someone! (smile) All this while they were letting very young children board
the cars!
    Again, my only purpose in raising such questions is for us to examine
the policies and practices of those we want training us! Will they train us
to be competent, independent travelers or will they limit our potential by
their paternalism. Perhaps this particular policy has merit and is not
paternalistic, but what about GEB's - and many other school's - ownership
policy.
    BTW, I have never heard of a good reason for not transferring ownership
upon graduation, but I have been told there was a "liability issue". If
there is a liability issue for one school, why is there not such an issue
for another? If it doesn't make you scratch your head!

Marion Gwizdala