[nagdu] Younger guide dog whining.

Deanna Lewis deannakay618 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 21:13:21 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the list and pretty new at having a guide dog. My boy is a 2 year old black lab, named Pascal, who I got in May. Pascal does beautiful guidework and has a wonderful personality. But, one thing he does that drives me crazy is whining. He constantly whines; when at home, while in harness, waiting on the bus, at work, at doctors appointments, etc. I give him verbal and leash corrections and praise him when he is quiet, but he keeps it up. It actually seems to be getting worse, and he usually will no longer respond to corrections. Anyone else have this problem? Or am I the only one? Any info will be helpful, thanks!
Deanna and Pascal