[nagdu] Following up-Monty

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 13 23:26:48 UTC 2009

Julie,

Great to hear.  Your high-energy guy should start showing some real maturity
to add to all the training over the next few months.  And year, really.  I
used to wonder why people would be so excited to announce that their dog
just turned 3.  Now that mine is all of 3 and a quarter, I get it. /grin/
The onset of adulthood is a wonderful thing.

Keep up the good work.  The fair sounds fun and a good exercise.  I'll have
to look for something like that to take Mitzi to this fall.  She absolutely
adores critters and assumes they adore her back.  So she could use some more
exposure.  Don't know how she would do with llamas, but we did go buy a
nearby stables this spring, where she discovered peacocks!  OMG!  I ended up
tying the leash so tightly around my wrist, I wasn't sure I would get it off
again before my hand fell off...  And a couple of times, I just had to lean
back and sit down to keep her from ddragging me after her newfound buddies.
For a 50 pound dog, she can really get a pull on if she wants something.
She hadn't done that in forever, or so much.  I had chaotic and highly
colorful visions of her getting away from me and chasing the peacocks
through the horses, so was highly motivated to keep a grip on her.
According to DD, who has met peacocks, it wasn't the horses we had to worry
about.  Anyway, a fair would be a good idea.  With halti, this time!  /lol/

Keep up the good work with Monty!

Tami Smith-Kinney