[nagdu] Following up

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 14 04:10:04 UTC 2009

Tracy,

Excellent idea!  A lot of times, I will hear from someone after a time and
suddenly realize they must have gotten their problem worked out.  Or others
will disappear, and I occasionally worry about them and their dog.

Over the past couple of years or more, I've asked more questions than I can
count, and I've gotten such great answers!  And I've learned an awful from
answers to other people's questions that I hadn't figured out to ask yet...

So after all that, I seem to have this guide dog thing that leads me safely
to and fro and doesn't get us into trouble or snag people's food off of
tables at restaurants or stick her nose in the groceries...  /grin/  She
goes under and stays out of the way and finds things and does down stay and
everything.  She still has hussy days, where she draws people in with her
dark, exotic poodle eyes, but at least she picks dog lovers and everybody is
happy.  /smile/  She's an awesome traveler, and has become a hiking guide,
which is way frun for me.  And she's done very well as I went through the
transition from trainer to handler, which I found to be very challenging,
indeed!  Again, I learned a lot from answers to my questions and to
discussions on the list and to talks with other guide dog handlers I've met
through the list.

Of course, the learning never stops, does it?

Tami Smith-Kinney