[nagdu] calling the program was researching programs

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 15:20:02 UTC 2010

Julie,

I think it's because I live in the same city as both the OCB's headquarters
and the GDB Boring campus.  /smile/  Everyone knows who *They* are when they
suddenly feel a strong urge to call *Them.*  /smile/  Then the concerned
citizen comes to tell me how helful they've been...

It hasn't happened often, but until I started going around with that long
white cane or long black guide dog, I believe the last person who tattled on
me was my little brother, and it has been a long long time since I solved
that problem by moving away from home! /smle/  At least he never claimed to
be doing it for my own good because he cared so much about me.

The majority of people in the little world I wander through these days are
perfectly friendly, positive, etc., etc., and seem to assume that the mere
fact of my walking around is not worthy of alarm, let alone any action on
their part.  I'm pretty sure the few who feel differently have already taken
care of their duty by reporting to DD or reporting to the managers so they
can report to DD, so I guess they feel better now.  /grin/

I don't know if they still worry that Daisy is going to eat me in the
backyard.  Nobody is keeping me up to date on that one.

Fortunately, DD finds these things as ridiculous and worthy of mockery as I
do, so it's all just free entertainment.  Weird, but entertainment,
nonetheless.

Tami Smith-Kinney