[nagdu] guide dogs

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Mon Mar 8 12:54:11 UTC 2010

Jennifer,
It's a fair question. Sometimes you will need and want to do things
without the dog.
When I got my first dog, I was one of those people all into "I'll never
leave my dog, no matter what it is".
That lasted about a month. Then the Indigo Girls came to town and I
*really* wanted to go. I left my dog home and went to the concert. I
didn't and still don't regret it.
As for the store, depending on what you're buying and what you're doing,
it may be easier to leave the dog home.
It's been over two years since I worked a dog, and can't now think of a
good example of this.
I will say that on the surface there is nothing wrong with your
grandma's question
What I don't understand is why your family's oppions matter so much to
you, yet when they ask legitimate questions, you shut them down.
Sometimes they'll be wrong, sometimes you will be, that doesn't so much
matter so long as you have a foundation of love and respect.