[nagdu] guide dogs in harness for long time

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Sat Mar 27 01:47:46 UTC 2010

Hi Jennifer,

Still catching up and wanted to answer your questions about that.  My dog is
not bothered at all wearing her harness all day at work.  She just hangs out
under my desk and sleeps, and  she doesn't seem to care the harness is still
on.  She has never acted like she is uncomfortable wearing it all day.
However when I am going on a car ride that I know is going to be long, say
an hour or longer,, I do take the harness off so she is more comfortable.  I
usually have her ride on the floor between the front and back seats, as most
handlers do with their dogs I'm sure.  I know I feel much more at ease with
her down there because that way if the car comes to a sudden stop,  Sunny
doesn't go flying.  That is probably what Seeing Eye will teach you to do
also, but don't quote me on that.  I didn't go there. <smile>

AnnaLisa and Sundance