[nagdu] canine power tools

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sat May 8 17:18:09 UTC 2010

My best friend just dropped off my retired Border collie guide for a
few days-long vacation at our house.  She also gave me her electric
clippers.  I am going to shape and trim the goldens' feet this weekend
as well as thin out a bit of the fur on my retired guide's inner
thighs because during our nasty humid New Orleans summers, her skin
gets raw from the moisture that get trapped under so much fur after
she toilets and it can lead to soars if not dealt with promptly.  I
usually have my vet do it but since I've got lots of golden feet to
do-- 16 in total-- I may as well shave her inner thighs as well.
Has anyone used one of these before?  Anyone have any hints and tricks?
I've shaved a bouvier so I'm sure this is the same.  There is a guard
on the blade so I can't cut her but I'm looking for hints and tricks.
I may need my husband to help since I only have full use of one of my
hands and especially for the feet may need someone else to hold the
foot.
Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Rox and the "Kitchen Bitches:"
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
http://www.pawpowercreations.com/retreat.html
pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl