[nagdu] finding an empty seat

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sat May 29 02:30:50 UTC 2010

Heya!

This weekend I want to work with Monty on finding empty chairs.  I started this afternoon with my dining room chairs, which led me to the realization that I need to figure out exactly what I want him to do.

His tendency was to put his chin on the seat of the chair, which I like.  But then I was thinking that might not work so well if the chair is pushed in under a table.   How do your dogs indicate an empty seat?  assuming that they have been taught this skill.   Is it the same in every situation?  If you have had experience with more than one technique, which did you like better?

Also has anyone had any luck in teaching a dog to pick an empty seat located at an empty table?

Thanks much!
Julie