[nagdu] Exercising with Your Dog

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 23:39:17 UTC 2011

I have not tried running with my dog; wouldn't do it. I don't think he could alert me in time to obstacles, and I'm not sure I would get the full benefit of it. Right now I run with my trainer. We are using a band and she has the one handle, I have the other. That will be preferred running, I think, and I haven't done it much because I just recently began to try to work up to it and I am sort of elderly, so I haven't done much. Besides, it's hot. I used to take him to the gym and tie him while we did activities (my trainer and I) but since I am never sure if we will be in or outside, I leave him home now. If I took him to the pool, I'd tie him to a chair and get out from time to time to watch him. My retriever had issues with me getting into the water. He would howl, so I had to get out and comfort him. Otherwise, if there is a place and someone working there with whom you could leave him and whom you could trust, that would be an option.

Cindy Lou