[nagdu] another Odie medical alert

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 05:12:08 UTC 2011

Hi, all,
Subject may be rather interesting, but here it all goes...
Monday morning when my husband Dale went to go pick up his medicine refills,
a nurst in the Wilmington Web Clenic at Denver Health Medical noticed
something wasn't right with him.
The nurse approached my husband, asking him if he was all right and stating
that Dale looked really pale.
Dale or I had no idea what was happening as we didn't pick up on the problem
immediately.
The nurst took my husband upstairs to check his vitals along with his heart
and blood pressure.
Everything seemed fine, but the nurse wanted a cultural test.
Dale ended up with a conbination contagious virus of a cold and stomach flu
like symptums.
He was immediately put on an antibiotic to help fight off the stuff and sent
home via cab through Logistic Care.
Later on that day, a dietition and another nurse dropped by the apartment to
bring Dale's meds to him along with some cereal and a can or two of soup.
We were both supposed to go together over to our friend Alisha's home, but
that didn't happen.
So, Odie and I went off on our own.
Dale and I talked later on and once again, I sensed Odie tried to let us
know that something was wrong over the weekend.
He litterally paced around and just wouldn't stay still.
While my four-legged furry medical alert partner and I were hanging out at
Alisha's place, Odie began to stress out again because he was worried about
his daddy.
I took him out to go potty in the afternoon, and thankfully despite him
stressing out, his stool turned out to be firm: both loads.
All I could do was talk to Odie along with giving him a pet on the head to
tell him that Daddy was going to be all right.
We returned home later on and once Odie was out of his vest, I told him to
go see his daddy.
Again that whole night, Odie wasn't comfortable and was extremely restless
in the living room to where he continuously kept bumping the arthritis
chair.
Dale had to keep waking up to all of that to see what was happening.
He finally had to sit down on the floor, lean his back up against the foot
rest of the chair, drape his arm over Odie and giving him a pet to indicate
that he was going to be fine.
Odie finally relaxed and calmed down.
If I remember correctly, both four-legged furry man and my live, walking,
talking and soft hearted medium sized stuff teddy bear fell asleep on the
floor together.
Today, same thing happen as Odie sensed Dale was having some minor breathing
dificulty.
Odie cuddled up close to his daddy and made himself at home.
Once again, Odie put my husband to sleep.
It happened while both were playing together in the living room.
I definitely appreciate those times when Odie is there, especially during
those moments of feeling awful or just can't get to sleep immediately.
I'm sure our walking heater boy will still put Dale or I to sleep again.
He's definitely an important member of our small family.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf