[nagdu] cooperation vs. force

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 1 02:26:58 UTC 2012

Hi, julie,
Lot of the training things that are given to us by the guide dog schools is to help with positive reinforcement.
Back when Odie had to wear a gentle leader since he couldn't wear the metal slip training collar because of a damaged trachea caused by a natural birth defect, he did fine with his GL.
It helped the communication between the two of us and he felt more secured.
H always likes to have his leash and collar on as he still feels comfortable and safe.
My other guides needed the prong collar not because to punish them, but to get them to pay more attention.
They needed hard leash corrections, so thankfully, the prong collar came in handy.
What works for many guide dog teams may not work for some and I figure that why there's a whole lot of options out there on the consumer's market.
*Smiles*
Bibi