[nagdu] dog food take #173

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed May 9 12:02:49 UTC 2012

For whatever it's worth, the dogfood I have is well past the dates
specified in the recall.  The last date in the Canidae recall is January,
2012, with a Best By date of Jan 2013.  I was a bit surprised when Mark
said the bag he'd just gotten from Amazon fell into the recall period, but
I get food locally, and maybe my store has a quicker turnover than the
Amazon supplier.
Which says to me that quite likely I had a bag that would have been
recalled, and my dogs ate it months ago with no problems.  That agrees
with what Canidae said, that their food had not tested positive for
problems, but is also a bit worrying, since the food was long gone before
I ever heard there might have been a problem.
Tracy