[nagdu] Greyhound trip with a guide dog

Beckman, Noah G. beckman.430 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Sun Aug 3 23:42:30 UTC 2014

Hello listors,
                In a few days, I will be taking a rather lengthy trip by Greyhound bus.  It has been years since my last Greyhound bus trip and it will be my first with a dog.  Naturally, I have a few questions for listors with more Greyhound experience than me.
Firstly, is there a certain seat location on the bus that is optimal, and are there any seat locations I should avoid?  How do you position your dog while on the bus?  Where do you relieve your dog during lay overs?  Finally, how accommodating and agreeable have you found drivers and other Greyhound staff to be especially in regard to helping locate important things like relieving areas or transfer buses?  If you have any Grayhound advice, even if it is unrelated to these questions, I would welcome that as well.  It might be helpful to know that Mia is a 50 pound lab, which makes positioning her relatively easy.

Thanks a lot,

Noah