[nagdu] Kittens and your dog

L Gwizdak leg1950 at cox.net
Mon Aug 4 20:25:40 UTC 2014

Hi Mandi,
Good luck with the new dog!  I'm still awaiting a match for me. I'm also a
TSE grad.

What is the dog's breed? I can't imagine a Lab not eating!  Are the kittens
around her when you want her to eat? Kittens can be a big pain in the butt.

I would keep the kittens in anouther room away from your dog as she eats.  I
also wouldn't be on the floor coaxing her. Put the food down for awhile and
walk away. If she doesn't eat it because she's more interested in the
kittens, just quietly pick it up and save for the next meal.  She won't
starve to death!  She'll learn that she'll just be hungry and wil most
likely chow down when the food reappears. Don't make a big deal or show
anxiety about it. Just have things like normal.  Oh, make sure the litterbox
is way out of the dog's reach.  The cat leavings are a delecasy for dogs.

HTH

Lyn - still waiting
"Asking who's the man and who's the woman in an LGBT relationship is like
asking which chopstick is the fork" - Unknown