[nagdu] Walking with a boot

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Thu Oct 23 14:14:48 UTC 2014

Hi Dan,

I’ve had to wear one of these boots before for various foot and ankle issues including a stress fracture in my foot.

The purpose of the boot is to stabilize the bones involved so you have limited range of motion of the foot and ankle.

One important thing my doctor told me was to wear a shoe on the other foot that has a similar size sole so your feet are at the same level with each other, if that makes sense. Otherwise, your back will be killing you if you walk any distance.

My boot was on the left foot both times and because of the limited movement of the ankle, I tended to clomp along. It took Swap a little bit to get used to this new gait and to not be worried I step on him.

Hope that helps. I’d go easy on the walking at first as the boot will tire you out a bit. It’s not so much heavy as it is awkward. Good luck.
Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com

http://www.twitter.com/jeninems