[nagdu] Expressive dog noises

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 18:54:58 UTC 2014

Hi! My fifth dog Cleo, a Golden Retriever is very verbal.  She
lives with my brother-in-law now, and I just saw her a couple
months ago.  Anyway, she would make this little hooting sound
when we would be getting ready to go somewhere, kind of like "Oh,
I'm so excited! And then she'd verbalize a lot at various other
times.  She would definitely tell me when she was hungry,
annoyed, or other things.  My new dog Neena appears to be verbal,
too.  She can sound very pathetic when she wants to-when she
wants to play, for instance.  She will get her toy and go to
either me or my husband and whine and grumble in a very pleading,
excited voice.  Lol.  The other thing that she does that just
cracks us up is she will have her kong or bone in her mouth, and
then she will bark with that in her mouth.  It sounds so funny.
Peace,    Debby