[nagdu] Fake Service Dog Legislation

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 18:12:31 UTC 2015

Hi Julie, great examples! So what happened with the first
situation? I guess I'm a little ignorant, because I don't know
how close the dog has to be to the diabetic before they can alert
her/hm to a problem, or detect that there's a problem.  Also, in
all my training I was told that it's MY responsibility to try and
keep my dogs out of harm's way so that they don't get stepped on.
I was told that I'm "old school" a few months ago, because I
scooted my dog under a seat on the bus so that she was not in the
aisle.  Really? I think it's better to have her out of the way
than to have people have to step over her, who might fall,
injuring themselves and her.  So I guess I don't blame the person
for putting her dog on the lower part of the cart.  Yuck! That
isn't a great place, they are muddy and dirty.

Obviously the woman's correction to her dog were not effective.
And this is where, for me I'm glad that I have a school that I
can call.  If I keep correcting and it doesn't work, then maybe I
need some help.  And I do think perhaps the woman with the dog in
the wheelchair (not the dog, the woman) needs some help to figure
out how to modify the behavior of the dog.    Peace,    Debby
with Neena