[nagdu] GL and TSE leash

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Mar 15 16:34:44 UTC 2015

I've been working Krokus with the Gentle Leader all the time this last week,
and it's starting to make a difference.  He's turning from a good dog into
the excellent dog I always knew he could be.  He's still a bit slow, and
sometimes hesitant, but he's getting better about that, too.

I'd like to hear how other TSE graduates hold the leash with the GL, since
TSE leashes seem to be the shortest out there-something I generally like.

I am attaching the small snap to the GL and the big snap to the collar, and
holding the leash against the harness with 2 fingers.  It still seems to be
taut when I'm pulling back on the harness to have good tension in the
handle, which is very important to Krokus.  Is the leash supposed to have
some tension in it?  Is there a better way to hold it?  I tried attaching
the leash only to the GL, but that wasn't enough tension, and K started
diving again.

Tracy