[nagdu] More about Taking Our Dogs To The Zoo

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 2 00:13:26 UTC 2015

Dear all,

	A great way to learn more about our work with the Association of
Zoos & Aquariums is to read our blog. Please go to

http://www.harnessup.wordpress.org

for more information about this!

	The major hurdle we have with zoos is the need for the collections
to be desensitized to the presence of a dog. In the wild, a dog is either
predator or prey and animals will react to that imprint. The Lowry Park Zoo
in Tampa has worked with us for the past few months and have removed all
areas of their collection, except for the petting area and the Walla bee
encounter from their list of restricted areas. They have also received a
$25,000 grant to do a video program about our work to share with other zoos.
This video will be screened at our NAGDU meeting in 2016.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala