[nagdu] tails

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 17:42:10 UTC 2015

Yes, a high tail with a stiff or narrow wag is usually a sign of
insecurity . It can be a don't-come-near-me signal.

About the tail injury, I wouldn't make a big deal about it today. Let
him rest his tail. If it is painful to straighten it, then his body is
telling him that shouldn't be done right now. I'd give it a couple
days. As long as it is not cut, broken, or misaligned, he's alright.
You can't accurately check the alignment until he's willing to
straighten it, but it is likely fine.
Is he moping around at all? Like is he being low key and acting like
he wants to rest? Or, is he displaying his normal level of energy?
If he is low-key for the next couple days, fine. But he should bounce
back relatively quickly.
If he's acting normally, save for the tail-wagging, he shouldn't have
any major issues.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs