[NAGDU] Running

Julie Johnson julielj402 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:12:57 UTC 2017

I used to, but haven't in years because of my tragically stupid episode
where I broke my foot.
I do have a few customers who do.  My best words of wisdom are to first
pick an appropriate place to run.  I don't suggest dodging kids in
strollers and tree branches while moving at a a run.  A smooth, flat
path with no obstacles is best.  Also avoid places where you'll need to
stop a lot, like at streets.  If you have a park with jogging paths,
that's perfect.

I have always used the style of harness with shoulder straps instead of
the straight across the front strap, where the handle attaches higher.
So I can't compare running with the American style harness.  I know of a
couple people who do run with their guides.  If you don't get the info
you need here, email me at julielj at neb.rr.com and I'll forward your
message on to the people I know so you can communicate directly with them.

Good luck!
Julie
http://www.guide-and-service-dogs.com