[NAGDU] Delta's policy

Ann Edie Annedie at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jan 29 03:18:14 UTC 2018

Hi, Mardi and Everyone,

I do not wish to sound as if I am in support of the Delta policy, because
I'm definitely not. However, I do wish to comment on one small point within
the policy which, I think, might be being misinterpreted by some people. My
reading of the Delta announcement leads me to believe that the person being
accompanied by a service dog must present a letter or certificate from a vet
each year stating that the animal is in good health and has been vaccinated.
Again, according to my reading, it doesn't say that the animal must have
been vaccinated within the year that the document applies to, just that the
animal has been sufficiently vaccinated so as not to pose a risk to the
health or safety of others, (probably to the standard set by the State of
residence of the handler.)

I guess this point could be fairly easily confirmed or clarified by the
Delta disability personnel. Anyway, that is my take on the policy as given.

Best,
Ann