[NAGDU] Delta's policy

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 00:09:17 UTC 2018

Hi guys, Mardi from Arizona here. As someone who will be flying soon  to
visit my sister, I am worried. I have not flown in over 20 years and my
guide dog Neechee has never flown. I am not worried about Neechee as she is
very well behaved and very laid back. She likes riding in the car and I
think she will just think she is in a car. I am the one who gets nervous. I
don't like flying. As for this policy about showing shot records, to be
able to fly,well this will not stop the problem of dogs who exhibit bad
behavior. I think that the Delta people have concluded mistakenly, that the
distemper vaccine will prevent a bad temperament in the dogs that have been
vaccinated. The decease of distemper has nothing to due with the
temperament of any animal.Having been a vet tech, I have  come across this
mistaken view of the vaccine before. A lot of people say they think that
having their dogs vaccinated for distemper, will prevent  temperament
problems in there dogs.It sounds weird, but it's true. There are a lot of
people uneducated about their dogs well fare and what most vets do to
insure the welfare of the animals they see in their practises. This being
said, I do not vaccinate my dogs every year, and my vet agrees that
vaccines last longer than just a year. The rabies vaccine is given every 3
years. I would have to do an expensive titter test to prove that my dog has
been vaccinated and does not need to be vaccinated every year, just to get
on a plane to fly somewhere. this is a big inconvenience to me, and would
cost more that to revaccinate my dog. I will not over vaccinate my dogs as
this does cause health issues for them. As for showing a rabies
certificate, Neechee wears a licence tag from animal control, and in order
to get this tag, you have to show proof of rabies vaccination.  Maybe I
could just show her tag? This whole situation is very worrisome for
me.         Mardi and Shaman,retired and Neechee,GD and Sedona, GDIT.
wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/