[NAGDU] Guide Dogs and Office Jobs

Bianka bianka at andi-bika.de
Mon Jan 13 16:56:21 UTC 2020

Hi Julie and all,

Two things come to mind here from my experience with high energy dogs.

Can you vary your routes from and to work? My last dog just thrived on variation and it really helped when I changed up the routes as much as I could. The other thing that comes to mind is trick training, either with the clicker or without. Just teach tricks like touch you hand on command, lift a paw, find a certain toy and bring it. Also, playing a bit of fetch helps sometimes. Hiding toys and letting the dog search for them is also a great tool to get those braincells working a bit. You know your dog best and you know best if he thrives on brainwork or if it‘s more a physical issue but usually offering some brainwork helps quite a bit.

Kind regards,

Bianka