[Nfb-announce] The Next Generation of Blind and Low-vision Youth Need You!

National Federation of the Blind webmaster at nfb.org
Tue Aug 7 19:32:19 UTC 2018

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND CAREER MENTORING PROGRAM

Blind and low-vision youth need exposure to positive blind role models who
demonstrate a genuine belief in them and in their natural abilities. Here
is a wonderful opportunity for you to give back to the next generation and
to help them achieve their full potential.

We are actively recruiting successful independent blind or low-vision
adults.

Go to https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11733&qid=2336409 [1] and sign up to become a mentor.

Through guidance and example, you can help raise expectations and teach
blind youth the practical strategies of how to access resources and to
acquire skills for success.

If you are willing to share your life experiences, to teach tips and tools
for living independently, to assist blind youth to become better
self-advocates, the National Federation of the Blind Career Mentoring
Program offers you a golden opportunity to give back.

Our NFB Career Mentoring program provides a framework of training and
support that will empower you to be a successful mentor to an aspiring
blind or low-vision youth. We will host several fun educational activities
that allow the mentor/mentee relationships to grow. If you do not feel you
have the time, remember that in many instances, a phone call, an email, or
a text may be a life changing interaction.

In addition to having the opportunity to positively impact the life of a
young blind person, you will also be able to improve your own skills, and
to expand your personal/professional networks.

For more information, check out the article in the April issue of the
_Braille Monitor_, entitled "Changing Attitudes Regarding Education,
Employment, and Rehabilitation through the National Federation of the Blind
CAREER Mentoring program:"
https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11734&qid=2336409 [2].
You can also contact Maurice Peret, coordinator of Career Mentoring
Programs, at 410-659-9314, extension 2350 or at mperet at nfb.org.

expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want,
blindness is not what holds you back.

 		 [3]
 		 [4]
 		 [5]
 		 [6]

 		 [7]

 		 National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | (410) 659-9314

 		 Unsubscribe [8] | Opt Out [9] | Sign up for email newsletter [10]

 		 200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States
..