[Nfb-kzoo] Minutes from Nov 17 meeting

Tyler merren twmerren at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 20:05:06 UTC 2008

Hey Everyone,
I spoke with Luke Patterson about the NFB being willing to help out with the tournament.  I gave a couple of the ideas that I presented at the meeting and stated that we were thinking of a more promotional angle for our helping out.  I stated that we wouldn't have to have our name put up everywhere, that we felt that promoting the tournament, and blind athletes, indirectly supports us.  He stated to these things that he is appreciative of these things.  He stated that he is new at this and that he is uncertain about some of the ideas.  One is that that he is doubtful that we could sell tickets since it is a non-profit organization renting a public facility, though we're going to look into it.  I also mentioned that JJ had suggested getting some money through the Competative Goalball Club to monetarily support the tournament, and he said that this would be great.  Basically we finished out saying that we would keep in touch and figure out how best we can help.

Keep the ideas for this one coming, I think that we should really start promoting it heavily.  Luke said that he would send me the flyer for the tournament as soon as he has it completed.

Take care everyone,
Tyler