[Nfb-kzoo] For Those of you in the Employed World

Jacalyn Paulding jacalynpaulding at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 21:31:27 UTC 2009

To me, it is just about being extra careful.  When I worked downtown I could
take the 8:30 and get to work 20 minutes early or take the 9:00 and be two
minutes late.  I always took the 8:30.  Being unable to drive means that we
have to build in extra time incase the bus is late or something comes up, is
it fair that we can't jump in a car and get to the location in moments.  no
it isn't fair but it is life.  I have been dependent on public
transportation for the past 20 months here in Kalamazoo and I have been late
once that I can remember.   Just as a car can breakdown sometimes
circumstances are beyond our control but i think what is most important is
being extra conciensous so that in the very rare occassion that we are late
due to circumstances truly beyond our control it can be excused.