[Nfb-kzoo] Update

Tyler merren twmerren at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 02:24:50 UTC 2009

Hey Everyone,
Alright...Sorry if you missed the conference call, I'll chalk that up to my mistake as I was a little late in the establishing of that event.  Anyway, the circle is nearly complete...well its more of an oval...okay, it's more kidney shaped, but soon it will hopefully be a nice circle for all of us.

Updates...
1. Event will run from 7:00pm to 10:00pm
2. NFBers should arive at the Baymonte by 6:45 at the latest for set-up, earlier is more than welcome.
3. Pizza Pick-up will be at 6:30pm or slightly before by either Corda or Doug...any volunteers?
4. Drinks will be picked up before saturday and left in someones garage/car for chilling purposes, again Corda or Doug Volunteer?  Leanne said that she could go to Sam's Club with sed person to get the drinks.
5. Pizzas as follows...15 pepperoni, 5 cheese, 5 sausage, 5 mushroom, 5 green pepper, total of 35 pizzas (bread sticks are free)
6. Drinks are as follows...20, 2 liters of Pop, 1/4 diet, 1/4 clear, 1/4 regular cola, 1/4 root beer, and 2, 24 packs of water.
7. Responsibilities at the event are serving food, serving drinks, clean-up, and mingling.  We will rotate every 30 minutes so no one is stuck doing one thing.  Overlap will occur, but this gives a base to work from.
8. Doug and Christine will bring brochures from previous event so we can hand out with every plate.

Things not discussed.
1. Setting up rides home for the VI's after the event
2. Other interests

Alright, hope that helps, write with feedback and any other thoughts.  Again when you fill out the volunteer form, be sure not to sign up for the second session as you may end-up stuck in the gym during the pizza event.  Though I believe that if you wanted to volunteer then, you would just have to let them know that your planning on leaving a couple of hours early...either way.

Take care,
Tyler Merren
President of NFB of Kalamazoo