[Nfb-kzoo] NFBNewsline online

gkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Mon Sep 21 15:31:39 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that the new NFBNewsline of Michigan help line number is
1-517-338-4064.

Please leave a message and your call will be returned. You may also send email
ghkitchen at comcast.net
Please put  nfbnewsline in the subject line.

I have a list of all the  passwords. you do not need to resubscribe if you lose your numbers just contact me or the national number
at 1-866-504-7300.

I am having major surgery on Nov. 11 so if I take a while in answering your calls that is the reason. I suspect I'll be back in about one week.

Also, we now have a web site with several features. It is text based and you may download books with your VR Stream. There are other features described on the web site.
The web site is
www.nfbnewslineonline.org

We have also added
Time magazine, Science News and a newspaper --The Marquette Mining Journal.

At the present time, we rely totally on volunteers in Michigan to assist with NFB-Newsline. If you have a computer and computer skills and have a passion for this type of work please let me know. Right now, there are 3 Retired SEnior Volunteer's from that program here. One sends out the welcome packets and a married couple puts items of interest to the Blind community on NFB-Newsline.

For example, If some folks can help in your area with marketing that would be great.

We now have large print brochures that describe the new features on
nfbNewsline online. If you need these or regular nfbNewsline brochures, please let me know.

Best,

Georgia
Newsline Volunteer
NfbNewsline of Michigan