[Nfb-kzoo] URGENT NEW

Tyler merren twmerren at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:16:47 UTC 2010

Hello NFB of Kalamazoo,
As I was reading the news release that Tim sent out, I received a phone call from the Michigan NFB President stating that they're organizing a picket protest to be held at the commission in Lancing on Friday January 29 from approximately 11:00am to 2:00pm.  There will be a bus leaving from the Commission for the blind on Oakland around 8:00am.  None of these times are confirmed at this point, but as soon as they are, I will pass along the information.  Larry asks that if anyone is available to go and help with the picket, that they would do so to support Christine boone, , a fellow chapter member, and director of the commission for the blind, who is currently under investigation.  He stated that most of the commission will be emptied out for the protest and yet their will be a lot of room on the buss, of which they would like to fill.

Please let me know via e-mail or phone if you can attend, so I can pass along the information.  Keep a watch on this, and do what you can to support a fellow chapter member, and a good one at that.

Tyler Merren
President of the NFB of Kalamazoo