[Nfb-kzoo] Big stuff going on at the MCBTC.

Rhonda Scott earthmagic7 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 28 17:45:48 UTC 2010

Is anyone here close enough to the situation to share more details?

I have some questions. Some of this I can find out if I get the time to
search on the net. But I'm not so sure pellet guns are considered firearms.
Does anyone know? Also, why is Chris facing an investigation when it seems
to me her superiors would have to approve the class before she could move
forward.

This is, of course, due to someone finding out blind folks were being
allowed to use guns and showing ignorance, well most likely. It is about our
rights to do these kinds of activities and have these types of experiences,
even learn to defend ourselves if it is learned in a legal manner.

I'm completely against Christine taking the wrap for something I'm sure not
only she had a say in. It seems to me if firearms are not permitted on state
property, someone knew that before this class was proposed. I highly doubt
she would intentionally go against a policy and put her job in jeopardy, no
matter what her beliefs are.

Rhonda