[Nfb-kzoo] Meeting last night Re. Christine boone and MCBTC

Tyler and Leanne Merren tmerren at charter.net
Fri Jan 29 15:09:29 UTC 2010

    Hi Tim and all,
We had a very good meeting last night with Larry Posant (sorry not sure how
to spell his name), our NFB state president, and he filled us in on a lot of
the stuff going on behind the scenes that we were not aware of, which
definitely helped paint a bigger picture (at least in my mind, and hopefully
others felt the same.)  We, as a chapter definitely want to stand in support
of Christine, and see that these issues with the Commission are resolved
(that was the feeling I got from what was said anyway...)  One thing Larry
asked was whether we feel like we need to do something next week here in
Kalamazoo, such as a protest outside of the training center.  Tyler said
that he would like to get a feel for how things go in Lansing today, and
what the group feels they were able to accomplish, and then we will make our
decision from there.  Tyler, Matt and JJ are all in Baltimore/Washington DC
until Tuesday or Wednesday (not sure when the other guys are flying back),
so we may want to talk when the rest of our board is back in town and decide
what we need to do as a chapter to express our disapproval of what is going
on.  Tyler and I also feel like we should be able to draw support from many
people who are not affiliated with the NFB, both due to their support of
Christine in her work, and because of the questions raised about whether
people who are blind should be allowed to fire a gun.  We have heard a lot
of reaction on that topic, too, that people are of the opinion that all
people should be allowed to have such an experience, as long as safety
measures are met.
So that is the gist of it I think.  Please feel free to add any other
thoughts and oopinions.
Talk soon.
Leanne
Chapter Secretary