[Nfb-kzoo] Meeting last night Re. Christine boone and MCBTC

Rhonda Scott earthmagic7 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 29 18:28:05 UTC 2010

Not sure how much I have the right to say here, as Steve and I are not yet
members. So I apologize if I'm overstepping our boundaries.

Larry filled us in pretty well on what's been happening higher up in the
Commission chain. I know the person a bit he was speaking of, so was not
surprised to hear the name come up. We're still feeling a little unclear
about what the goal was of the picket. It seemed as though proper
documentation is still being gathered to make a case against the person in
question.

In terms of Christine's position, we would still like to know how she got
the go ahead to offer a class. If it was documented as being approved by her
superiors, then there should be no question of her innocence because someone
else gave her permission. However, did she also do the research to be
certain her butt would be covered later on? Did she go on trust of another's
word that what she was doing was legal? I hope not, because if so, somebody
could stick her with the entire consequence. Sometimes you make the mistake
of trusting those above you in status, and it turns out it was a huge
mistake.

I have heard nothing but positive things about Chris. As I said yesterday,
it makes no sense to me that she would intentionally put her job in
jeopardy.

I'm risking being shunned here perhaps, but I want all our facts organized
when we take our stand for what's right, so we have concrete evidence to
fight with. There is so much politics involved here too, that I think a lot
of care needs to be taken in gathering information, so everyone knows
exactly what they're talking about when moving forward. I'm sure Larry and
Fred already know what they're doing though, and we'll know more soon as
well.

Rhonda