[Nfb-kzoo] Some important topics to discuss

Tyler and Leanne Merren tmerren at charter.net
Mon Dec 5 00:05:53 UTC 2011

Hi all,
Hope this email finds you all well.  Our president has asked me to compose an email for him to address a few topics.  He is busy finishing up his last semester of college and preparing for finals so he is crunched for time at the moment...

Email list: I am not sure how to subscribe people to the list but you can subscribe your email address on the website.  The address given at the bottom of the list emails is
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-kzoo_nfbnet.org
Let us know if that doesn't work and we will see what we need to do to get people subscribed.

Previous meeting: Attendance at our November meeting was quite low.  While we realize that everyone in our chapter is busy and has other obligations, we need to all remember to be responsible to the other members and let them know if we will not be attending a meeting.  This is especially important if you are a board member, because if the meeting is not productive, it can be rather costly for some people with transportation, food, babysitting, etc.  So please be courteous and contact someone on the board to let them know if you will be missing a meeting.  If not enough board members are available, it may be most beneficial to hold a phone conference instead.

Meeting on December 15: We would like to know how many people plan to attend this meeting.  Tyler and I have a conflict that evening because there is a gathering for the Michigan Blind Athletic Association that same evening and Tyler is also a board member with that organization.  So please let us know if you will make the meeting so we can decide if the meeting will take place.

Christmas party: We did not discuss plans for a Christmas party at our November meeting due to the low attendance.  In past years, one of our chapter members has offered their home and hospitality for a Christmas gathering and it has been a lot of fun.  This usually took place instead of a December meeting.  I can say that with Tyler's graduation and my responsibilities as a youth goalball coach (among others), we will not be available to host, but we might be able to attend.  So if anyone else would like to throw a Christmas gathering at their home, or if the group would prefer to have a little celebration in collaboration with our December meeting, please throw out your ideas and we'll see what we can do.  I hope we can put something together.  It would be our preference to cancel the meeting and do a Christmas party instead, but that depends on whether someone is willing to host.

We look forward to hearing some thoughts from all of you.

Sincerely,
Leanne Merren
Secretary, NFB of Kalamazoo