[Nfb-kzoo] Kellogg Project

Tyler merren twmerren at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 01:21:01 UTC 2011

Steve,
These are my thoughts onyour questions.  The first I will agree with you, it is kind of obvious as far as the direct benefits to us the consumer, but I would also venture to say that it could be a pioneering step for Kellogg, with other companies possibly following suit and having lots of other products having their packages labeled some how.  The second question I think is answered by the fact that the company is already persuing a brailed product.  Certainly times are hard, and no less for the food industry I would guess, at least the competitiveness of the market...I have a hard time believing that they would reach out to such a specialized population with the backlash being a significant jump in the production cost, it just wouldn't fly.  I would guess they have some ideas in mind already of how to cheaply accomplish this otherwise it would be us knocking on there door, and not the other way around...that is, unless I am completely miss understanding the situation at hand.

Just my thoughts,
Tyler Merren
President of the NFB of Kalamazoo