[Nfb-kzoo] Meeting Postponed

Tyler Merren twmerren at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 00:19:53 UTC 2012

JJ,
Not a bad idea doing a conference call.  It may be an easier start for
everyone, and from there we can determine what days and positions may be
suitable for all.  I think that we will need to assess "semesterly" our
schedule, as this is a college town, and that seems to be the bulk of our
membership at any given time.  I'll set-up the call and let everyone know.

As far as the State afiliats involvement, I would have to say that I agree
with you partially.  On the one hand, being it that Kalamazoo is somewhat of
a Meca of the blind, and the obvious choice for the State's west side
representation, we should get a little more guidance.  Also though, I would
say that our very make-up, as we have all discussed before, being that of
wayward college students and career starting graduates/entrepreneurs, we
just are not as stable as some of the other chapters, and thus far less
appealing for valuable time and resources.  Do you have any specifics as to
what you would hope for from the State afiliat?

I completely agree though that goals should be set to focus the group.  We
have seen in the past how difficult it can be to manage even the smaller
tasks, but I think that it is still worth the effort.  I again, will not be
taking on the role of presidency this year.  I have been elected the chair
of the MBAA, and I think this will take some more time away from me than I
am able to give without adjusting in other areas of life.  I hope everyone
is considering hard the role they may be able to play in the future of the
chapter.  We seek not to change the world...perhaps just the greater
Kalamazoo area.  :)  So do not fret if you feel you have limited time, we
just need people who can commit to at least attending meetings, and
potentially making phone calls/visits on occasion.

Tyler Merren
President of the NFB of Kalamazoo