[NFB-Kzoo] The Crab Report: Tips and Tricks for Picking the Right One

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Thu Oct 22 20:37:51 UTC 2020

Greetings Federation Friends and Family

I hope that this email finds you all in a way better position than I am right now ☹  I am working diligently to promote my crabby friend, “Chunky Crab,” to victory in a fundraiser for the Michigan Association of Blind Students. You see, the crab joins five others in a bucket of low, low expectations. The National Federation of the Blind knows that the biggest impediment that blind people face when going for their dreams is low expectations. Now my crab is special. So special even, that it plans to speak with you on its own. Below is his statement:

“Look, I am Chunky Crab. All good crab cakes are chunky. If you like chunky crab cakes, with garlic butter, and friendship, and apple pies, and puppies, then you should bid on the Chunky one when supporting the student division. This fundraiser does two important things: supports a fellow blind student from our state in their dreams and proves that you all have great tastes in crabs. Make our dreams a reality and help me build the Federation. #VoteChunky”

The MiABS Crab Climb fundraiser is the premier event this year to promote the brand new student division scholarship, titled the Larry Posont Award, which will be awarded for the first time at this year’s  virtual convention! Help the Michigan student division make this legacy one that follows its leaders and recipients for years to come by supporting the event and bidding. Bids only costs $5 each and you can bid more than once and for more than one crab if you’d like. Remember, Chunky Crab is the first choice you should all make, but give some love to the Confused one and others. They need help. Payments can be made to the student division using cash app or the PayPal link embedded in the google form below. Please use the link to complete your pledge and bid. We look forward to connecting with you all at convention and thank you for your time.

Link: https://forms.gle/nbk1mu1zXRBdoLiT9

Best

Robert E. Parsons Jr.
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Vice President| Michigan Association of Blind Students
Board Member| National Association of Blind Students
Masters Student| Rehabilitation Counseling and Vision Rehabilitation Therapy
Western Michigan University ‘21
Pronouns: He, Him, His
P: 804.801.7674