[Nfb-science] Taking an Astronomy Class

biologize at hotmail.com biologize at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 03:12:59 UTC 2010

 Here are two labs of the National science teacher's association websites to go to for Lab Out Loud. These are both about astronomy. You can get Lab Out loud to be emailed to you.  They are in season three now. But you can get all the ones they made before. Get Lab 12 and 24. They are about astronomy. I hope I have helped you. Keep in touch, please.

It is a biweekly podcast from NSTA on science teaching, science news, and anything else about science. I am a teacher for the VI and I am also visually impaired myself. I only need larger font though. The website is

 http://www.nsta.org/publications/laboutloud.aspx

Lab Out Loud 12: Skepticism and The Bad Astronomer (2008.03.17)
This week's guest calls himself The Bad Astronomer. Phil Plait is an astronomer, an author, and a well-known blogger at www.badastronomy.com. Phil talks to us about myths and skepticism in the science classroom.

Lab Out Loud 24: The Bad Astronomer Returns (2009.01.12)
Brian and Dale welcome Phil Plait (aka The Bad Astronomer) back to the show. Phil talks about the International Year of Astronomy and highlights a few events planned for the IYA. As President of the James Randi Educational Foundation, Phil also discusses the role of skepticism in education.