[Nfb-science] Anatomy Class

Stephanie Hirst sjhhirst at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:32:59 UTC 2010

Hmm I was a chemistry major with a concentration in biochem and a minor in biology (It's nice ot see a bio major haha)  I didn't take A&P, but my Introductory biology class had quite a bit of anatomy.  I'm only visually impaired, though, so my case may be quite different from yours.

Basically for dissections and things, my lab partner did most of the work, especially since I'm pretty much averse to cutting things anyway.  To study and for exams, I used a lot of diagrams (you could probably get raised ones) and 3D models of whatever part we were discussing.  I think there are some nice, detailed 3D models of the various organ systems, and even for learning muscles and nerves.  I'm not sure who provided these things at my school, but I knot they're out there.

Haha sorry I'm not much help, but I'm just really excited to see someone on here who is also interested in biology and not just physics, engineering or computer science (not that those are bad things).  Good luck!

~ Stephanie