[Nfb-science] Anatomy Class

Michael Beukenkamp MBEUKENKAMP at austin.rr.com
Mon May 17 18:41:03 UTC 2010

Hello all, My name is Michael, I am new to this list, but in the short time
I have subscribed I have learned a lot.   I am an Under Grad student at the
University of Texas at Austin.  I am a biology major, and in my studies I
have taken many anatomy classes, and Physiology classes to name a few.  I
have found buying plastic anatomical models to be quite helpful.  Another
resource is the Princeton braillists human body guide of raised line
drawings to be excellent.  The guide depicts the neuron, nephron, and about
fifteen other images.  I will include there address below.  I have also
found 3d raised relief anatomical charts of the human body.  There is a set
of twenty or so large charts like you would find in a doctor's office that
are raised up.  Once again I will provide an address where I have found
these charts.  I had an anatomy professor help me label some of the 3d
charts in Braille so I could ID the structures.  I would be happy to discuss
biological topics on list or off list with anyone who is interested.

Web Sites:

The Anatomical Chart Company
http://www.anatomical.com

Use the search field to search 3d charts or some form of 3d raised chart

The Princeton Braillists
http://mysite.verizon.net/resvqbxe/princetonbraillists/

 This is a not for profit group that does wonderful work for a price that is
almost nothing.  I have almost every one of the volumes they produce and can
not get enough of their fine work.

I hope this information helps,
Michael