[Nfb-science] anatomy and physiology course

kagni at optonline.net kagni at optonline.net
Fri Oct 14 18:57:11 UTC 2011

I was enrolled in Anatomy and Physiology 1 (lab and lecture) at Westchester Community College (WCC) and was forced to withdraw from the course because the biology dept. claimed they could not make the necessary accommodations.   The lab practical exam requires the observation of tissues under the microscope which I cannot do because of my visual impairment.  For the quizzes I was read a description of the tissue and identified it that way.  They will not do this for the lab practical exam, however.  Is there anyone that knows of accommodations that have been made for this class?

I am already in the fifth week of the semester which puts me one third of the way  through the class  so I would appreciated any help as soon as possible.

Ken