[Nfb-science] Environmental Consulting & Auditing

Nathanael T. Wales ntwales at omsoft.com
Sat Jul 7 15:47:03 UTC 2012

Jennifer,

I am a civil engineer, with a B.S. in civil and environmental engineering
and a P.E. in California.  I have worked for the State of California and now
work for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in our New York City district
office; I have specialized in water resources planning: dams and reservoirs,
flood protection, and shoreline erosion protection.

I hope your adaptive technology training is going well.  I use JAWS, with
both speech and a Braille display, to access Excel and PDF documents as well
as other Office applications.  I also use a notetaker with a Braille display
that has compatibility especially with Excel and PowerPoint (at least for
viewing presentations in a meeting or class).  Obviously, Braille is an
important tool I use since I am unable to read print unless it's so large as
to be unwieldy.

Let me know if you have any additional, specific questions.  Best with your
retraining and job search.

Nathanael Wales