[Nfb-science] Drawing Diagrams of Circuits in High School Science/Physics

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Sat May 11 19:17:25 UTC 2013

Hello:

     In addition to the comments from others; A student or teacher could
make a breadboard circuit so the student could feel the components.
There are commercial breadboards which are used to prototype circuits.
Components are inserted into the plastic breadboard. The circuit can be
tested and modified.

Long years ago in the early days of radio, builders would take a board
sometimes literally a bread or cutting board and build a circuit on it.
The schematic was pasted to the board and the components placed over their
symbols. Nails and tacks were used for terminals and to anchor components
and wires.

In the #60's, I had a kit from Allied Radio that consisted of a board on
which springs and components were mounted. The springs held jumper wires. In
this way it was possible to build a radio and other projects. I am not sure
such kits like this still exist.

     I did find a company Elenco which sells snap together kits. There is a
plastic base plate covered with protruding bumps. The various components are
mounted on small plastic plates that snap to the base plate. The concept is
called Snap Circuits.
The site for Elenco is:
http://www.elenco.com
This site isn't very accessible.