[Nfb-science] Accessible Math

David Moore jesusloves1966 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 04:36:19 UTC 2015

Hi John and all.
What do I need to do to be a Beta tester of LEAN? Can I just download
it and begin using it? What web site would I go to download it? John,
may I talk to you off list? I want to be a mathematics professor as I
said, and I would really like to talk to you about how you teach your
classes right now. I almost minored in physics, but I did most of it
in my head. I have no idea how I would present that to a class,
because most people need to see it and that is what I don't know what
to do.  I can explain, in words math and science so well, people tell
me they understand concepts so well that they may like it if I were
their teacher. I am learning a lot already. Which is better? Should I
learn LaTeX, or would using MS word and Math Type be better? I don't
know LaTeX at all, but I can learn very quickly. I don't know the
tools you even need to get started. In Columbus, Ohio. The only jobs
that any blind people do that I know of are call center jobs. I have
never gotten to know a blind person who loves math and science like I
do. Most Rehab people just shake their heads and say that a blind
person can not teach math, maybe English. Please help me anyone. If
people could just give me their apinions of whether LaTeX would be
better or Math Type. I have never understood why Freedom Scientific
roars about how they have given so many blind people jobs with their
JAWS when it cannot begin to read math texts. Sure, I can browse the
Internet and do many things, but it does not allow me to do anything
with math and science. Thank you all. I will try to keep up with your
messages and talk to you, John, off list. You really impress me.