[Nfb-seniors] Making a quilt with our support group

Bonnie Lucas BLucas at alaskabvi.org
Thu Jul 14 20:22:13 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,
I am a senior's program coordinator in Anchorage, Alaska and conduct a support group for seniors here at the center where I work. I thought it might be fun for the participants to make a quilt that we would then sell as a part of our non-profit fund raising for the agency. Everyone thought it would be a good idea and I'd like to give everyone as many ideas as possible. I think that having each person make blocks and then put them together in a quilt would be the best way to accomplish this. (Also sending this to the Krafters Korner group). I'd like to present the group with as many ways of making a block as possible. Most of them have some vision and at this point, are pretty determined to use it. However, I'd like to present both tactile ways and visual options to the group. Some things I've thought of are: using puffed paint to create a design, using needle work as a created pattern or copying an already made pattern. I know there are many other options, so, if anyone can think of some, I'd certainly appreciate it. Please feel free to call or write.

Sincerely,
Bonnie

Bonnie Lucas, VISA Coordinator
Equipping Alaskans for success
Alaska Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
3903 Taft Drive
Anchorage, Alaska  99517-3069
907.771.4306 fax 907.248.7517
www.alaskabvi.org<http://www.alaskabvi.org/>           www.twitter.com/alaskabvi<http://www.twitter.com/alaskabvi>

Please consider supporting our mission when you fill out your 2011 PFD application.
www.pickclickgive.org<http://www.pickclickgive.org/>

The Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Call or visit our website to learn more about how our work transforms lives.
This message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, copying or distribution of any of its contents is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, kindly contact the sender.