[Nfb-seniors] This and that

Judy Mayo jhunterm53 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 14:37:53 UTC 2014

Good Morning Gang (or evening),
I was signed up on the Diabetic List, but got off of it. All the talk
was about the insulin pump. Until an insulin pump comes out that will
talk, I am not interested anymore. I was on the pump when I started
losing my sight. Loved it. Then I started running into trouble.When
the batter died, well, I could replace the battery, but I could not
reset the pump. I called the Blind Center to get help setting it and
the people would not help me. I had to go around the apartment complex
to find someone home and ask for help. Then my companion and I moved
to another town and I had to change  insurance company through
medicare. That company would not pay for the pump supplies. I went
back on the shots.
As far as other Blind and Visualy Impaired people being out and about
in public, well, when my companion and I go out together, he says that
he never sees other blind people around. I used to wonder about that.
Then I came to the conclusion that the way the Blind and Visually
Impaired are treated,,,, a lot of times I do not blame them for
staying away from the public eye. Of course I haven't let that stop
me. As long as I can get transportation, I will go when I can.
As far as learning Braille goes. Hadley School for the Blind is where
I learned what Braille I know. I know the Braille alphabet. Have
things labeled. Then came the Pen Friend and I got lazy as far as
keeping up my Braille skills. I just have to get back to working with
it.
I could go on and on. This is enough for now,,,tehehe. Everyone have a
great day.--
Judy H Mayo