[Nfb-seniors] Answering your question - RE: Here is a funny Christmas song that is a spoof on blindness rehabilitation services

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 17:04:01 UTC 2018

Miss L

Let's see if the below explanation will answer your question. And as I write
this all out, I know that there are several factors that I do not know about
your equipment's; and I cannot cover them all. So if what I spell out below
does not work... call and we can talk it through; this is a pretty easy
operation to do, once you see it done. My phone again is- 402-660-1743

The Question was- Do you know the steps in copying documents from the
computer to an sd card, and from the sd card to a braille sense on hand?

Here are two possibilities:

#1 This example cuts out using an SD card as a go---between: I have a
BrailleSense Polaris Mini (as does your lovely sister, Barb), and so let me
tell you how you can transfer a file from a computer directly into the
Polaris Mini; maybe your InHand will do it the same way:

The Mini has a cable that can be plugged into itself, the Mini, and the
other end of the cable is of the type that goes into a USB port, like your
computer has several of. And so when this connection is made, the Mini shows
up as an external drive (clearly identified as the products name, in my
case, a Polaris Mini). And to get to the drive list (if you don't know this
part), on the computer you press WindowsKey+e and a new window opens up that
is called "This Computer." (Before windows 10, this command opened up what
was called "My Computer.))

And if you have that cable, and you do get into "This Computer," then press
the "End" key and that would place you at the bottom of the Drive list, and
from there arrow up and find your InHand. Oh and here is a note on this, if
you have the cable, and plug it into your computer will make that weird
little sound that comes whenever you plug in a thumb drive or SD card into a
USB port; this would tell you right off, that your notetaker was recognized
as a drive.

And so, of course, to copy and transfer a file... you get into wherever it
is that you have that file you want to transfer, and do the key stroke
"Control+C" and then alt+tab to the Windo where you found the InHand listed
as a drive, then press enter on the InHand drive and it will open up. Then
you will be given a list of the InHand's memory, and you look for the folder
that you wish to place it. In the Mini, I would see two internal memory
drives: FlashDrive  and SD. (Yours may be different but just think some as
you do this and I think you'll find the folder you are looking for. Example,
in my Mini, if I press enter on SD, I get a listing of the folders on that
SD card. If I press enter on FlashDrive, I get a list of the folders in the
internal workings of the Mini, and see names like- Documents, Downloads,
Programs,  Email, DataBase, etc. And Miss L. you really cannot hurt anything
by looking in any of the folders; just don't delete anything that you do not
recognize.

#2 From the computer to an SD card, then from the card to the InHand:
Well... do you have a card reader that will take an SD card? And does the
InHand have one, too? I'll assume so.

First, you have to get to where your file is on your computer; into whatever
folder that you know to be where you saved it. Or, maybe you can pull it up
into your word processor, and resave it on the SD card; doing a save-as, and
browsing to where you find the SD card, and once in to where you want it,
tab over to save, and there it is; first step completed.

Second, put the SD card into your InHand, and use the file manager option,
or whatever it is called in your main menu, and brows for the SD card, and
do the copy or move action that you desire. And move it over to wherever
within the InHand you want it.

Do you know the steps in copying documents from the computer to an sd card,
and from the sd card to a braille sense on hand?
Thanks,
Laurie

Blessings in Jesus' name
1 Thessalonians 5:11
11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact
you are doing.
Advice from my cats:meow when you feel like it!